How to delete cookies on iPhone mobile series: Cookies are essential for providing a fully personalized web browsing experience. For example, if you accept cookies from Amazon, you will see more relevant bargains that will help you easily find the best deals and save you lots of time. Additionally, they will make it easier for you to sign in and access your preferences on the site. Conversely, cookies may compromise your privacy, allowing anyone to monitor your activities.
Additionally, a huge pile of cookies can take up a lot of storage space on your device and even significantly slow it down. This guide will show you how to correctly clear cookies on your iPhone and iPad, regardless of whether you want to safeguard your privacy or free up space.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that websites store on your computer or mobile device when you visit them. These cookies contain information about your browsing preferences and allow websites to recognize you when you return to their pages. While cookies can be useful for remembering your login details and saving your shopping cart. They can also track your browsing habits and collect information about you.
How to Delete Cookies in Safari on iPhone & iPod
Several options are available if you want to delete cookies from your iPhone. The easiest way is to use the built-in settings app on your phone. Open the Settings app and tap “Safari,” then select “Clear History and Website Data.” This will remove any existing cookies from your iPhone and prevent new ones from being added.
Another option for deleting cookies on an iPhone is to use a third-party app. Many options are available, including the popular “Purge” and “CCleaner,” which allow you to clear all cookies or specific data types with just a few taps. However, remember that these apps can also remove other data, such as browsing history and saved passwords.
If you are concerned about how cookies are being used to track your online activity, you can do a few things to protect your privacy. You can use an ad blocker or tracker blocker to prevent sites from collecting information about you. Or you can use a virtual private network (VPN) to hide your online activity from third parties.
How To Block Cookies in Safari on an iPhone
- Open the Safari app on your iPhone and tap the “Settings” icon in the bottom toolbar.
- Scroll down and select the “Safari” option from the menu.
- On the next screen, look for a section labelled “Cookies and Data.” This will list all the different types of cookies currently stored on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Remove All Website Data” button to delete all cookies from Safari. Alternatively, you can select individual websites and remove their cookies individually by tapping on them one at a time.
- Once you have cleaned up your cookie history, you can close the Safari settings and continue using your iPhone. Remember that deleting cookies can sometimes impact how certain websites work, so be sure to test out any important websites after clearing your history.
- If you want to prevent cookies from being stored in the future, you can turn on the “Block Cookies” setting in the Safari settings. While this setting will not remove existing cookies, it can help stop any new ones from being saved.
How to Clear Cookies in the Chrome Browser on iPhone
- Open the Chrome app on your iPhone and tap on the triple-dot icon in the top right corner of the screen to open a list of additional options.
- Select “Settings” from this menu, scroll down, and tap “Privacy.”
- On the next screen, you should see an option labelled “Cookies.” Tap on this option to view a list of all the cookies saved in Chrome.
- To delete specific cookies, tap on each entry one at a time and tap on the “Remove” button at the bottom of the screen. Alternatively, you can tap on the “Clear All Cookies” option at the top of the screen to delete all cookies in one fell swoop.
- When you are done deleting cookies, tap on the “Done” button at the bottom of your screen to save your changes and close out of the Chrome settings. From here, you can use your iPhone as usual and enjoy browsing the web without worrying about pesky cookies.
Whether you are trying to delete unwanted cookies on your iPhone or prevent them from being stored in the future. There are several useful steps that you can take. To start, open the Safari app and tap on the “Settings” icon to access your browser settings. From here, you can scroll down to find the section labelled “Cookies and Data,” which will give you a list of all the cookies currently stored on your iPhone.
To delete specific cookies, tap on each entry individually and select the “Remove” button at the bottom of the screen. Alternatively, you can tap on the “Clear All Cookies” option to delete all cookies.